The mission of The House of the Lord Church is to apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a holistic synthesis of progressive spiritual and social action, including:
- Personal salvation through Jesus Christ, the filling and in-dwelling of the Holy Ghost, healing for body and mind, high moral and ethical disciplines, and the return of Jesus Christ.
- A struggle against all forms of oppression and exploitation, which often is manifested as racism, sexism, and classism.
- A struggle for human rights and self-determination for all people.
To implement this holistic approach, our ministries are:
- PRIESTLY: Interceding with God through prayer, fasting, rituals and ceremonies.
- PASTORAL: providing healing, counseling, and direction.
- PROPHETIC: Critiquing society from a Biblical perspective that places God on the side of the oppressed, exploited, outcast and impoverished.
- PEDAGOGIC: Teaching not only the great Truth of Scripture, but also secular history, particularly the truths related to oppressed people’s contribution to humankind.
- PROGRAMMATIC: Developing educational, cultural, and economic programs and institutions.
- POLITICAL: Creating and/or participating in the creation of organizations and/or coalitions that employ various actions to achieve human fulfillment.
(C) 1980, 1995. The House of the Lord & Church on the Mount, Inc. All Rights Reserved.